About The University of Sydney
We're ranked in the top 20 universities in the world
Our excellence in research and teaching makes the University of Sydney one of the top universities in Australia and highly ranked among the best universities in the world.
The University of Sydney is one of the top comprehensive research and teaching universities globally. The university offers a range of disciplines, with over 400 study areas and more than 70,000 students. The University of Sydney has its main campus named Camperdown in Australia.
The University of Sydney (USYD) or the Sydney University, located in Sydney, Australia, is a public research university. The USYD comprises eight university schools and academic faculties, offering masters, baccalaureate and doctoral degrees. The ranking of the University has been consistently high both internationally and nationally. It is among the world’s first universities to have admitted students entirely on the basis of academic merit.
One major USP of The University of Sydney is that it is Australia’s oldest university, and of the six sandstone universities of the nation. According to US News ranking, it is ranked #28 in Best Global Universities. The University of Sydney was established in 1850, when William Wentworth proposed and decided to expand the existing Sydney College to a university.
The University of Sydney provides international and domestic students with scholarship opportunities at multiple levels. The scholarships could be divided into two main categories:
- Scholarships for Domestic students for Australian citizens, Permanent residents, New Zealand citizens, and humanitarian visa holders Sydney Scholars Award Equity Scholarships
- Scholarships for International students
University of Sydney's Admission
Following are the admission eligibility criteria for The University of Sydney:
- The applicants must have an ATAR or equivalent which would enable them to compete for entry into any course at the university.
- The applicants need to complete a TAFE (or accredited private college) advanced diploma or diploma.
- They must complete one year of either full time or part-time equivalent study at bachelor level or higher, in order to get an admission in the The University of Sydney.
- If the applicant is an international student, they need to take the English Language Proficiency Test such as IELTS, TOEFL, PET, and so on, and fulfil the minimum score requirement, if they wish to enter The University of Sydney.
Now that you have appeared for exams and chosen your course, it's time to gather the documents and apply. You would require the below-mentioned official documents during the application procedure:
- Scanned copy of the passport identification page
- Results of English language tests
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates (testamurs)
- Scholarship documentation
- Change of name/marriage certificate
If your course needs a supplementary application form or additional documents, it will be mentioned on the course page.